Department of Buddhist Affairs
Department of Buddhist Affairs was initiated on 1st July 1981 as a result of recommendation of the committee appointed for the reorganization of the department of Cultural Affairs.
"To Create a Society adhering of Buddhist Principal"
"Mission to formulate, organize and implement programme for the prosperity of Buddhism and thereby creating a society for the local and international Buddhist Community betterment to realize model Buddhist Society"
- Protection, fostering and dissemination of Theravada Buddhism
- Preservation and organization of Sangika properties and utilizing them solely for the furtherance of the Buddhasasana
- Creating a creative society, which value the ethics of the Buddha Dhamma
- Maintaining,fostering and developing other ideologies associated with Buddhasasana from time immemorial,to suit the timely needs
- Conservation,fostering and development of Buddhist literature, arts and crafts
- Motivating and directing the Buddhist people to build up an organized Buddhist economy, compatible with modern technology